Visa / Electronic Travel Authority


All travelers to Australia, other than Australian and New Zealand citizens, must hold a valid visa or electronic travel authority (ETA). It is your responsibility to ensure documentation is correct and completed before you commence your journey. Delegates must register for the event before lodging their visa/ETA application. Following your registration, you will receive an acknowledgement letter. This is all you require from the event manager in order to make your visa/ETA application. We recommend you apply for your visa at least six weeks before your intended date of travel to Australia (or two weeks if you are from an ETA or eVisitor eligible country) as visa processing times may vary.

How to apply:

  1. Before lodging an application you should determine which visa you should apply for:
  2. Determine whether you are eligible to apply online for an eVisitor visa or ETA.
  3. If you are not eligible to apply online, you may lodge a paper-based visa application.
    • In order to obtain assistance on this process, and find the Australian visa office nearest to your current country of residence please click here.

If you are unsure and you need more information, please contact your nearest Australian Embassy/Consulate or view the Australian Department of Immigration website

Invitation letter

The Conference Organiser may support you to obtain a visa to enter Australia by providing an invitation letter to the Congress. To receive an invitation letter you must first register for the 12th Congress of the World Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology.

During the registration process you will be asked if you need an invitation letter. Once you registration is completed and paid in full, an official invitation letter will be emailed to the email address that you have registered with. This letter may be used for the Visa process in your country.

If you are not sure about Visa requirement to enter Australia for your country, you may find some useful information on the above paragraph “Visas”.

Tourist tax refund scheme

International travellers can claim back the GST (goods and services tax) and WET (wine equalisation tax) they have paid on goods bought in Australia that they are taking with them when they leave the country. The tax can be claimed back at international airports and seaports under the Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) subject to conditions such as an $A300 minimum from one store. Details on the TRS are available at under the travellers heading. Please note that this scheme is not applicable to meeting registration fees or accommodation.

Travel insurance

The Conference Organisers recommend that delegates purchase travel insurance including cover for non-refundable meeting registration fees.