The Scientific Program Committee of the 12th World Congress of the World Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology invites authors to submit abstracts for WFNMB 2018. Submissions are sought for poster presentations and can be made via the online Abstract Submission Portal.
All abstracts MUST follow the structure and instructions listed below.
The submission deadline is 17 November 2017.
Abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid before the close of the earlybird registration on 19 January 2018.
All accepted abstracts will be distributed to all Congress attendees and published in the World Journal of Nuclear Medicine by the organising committee, unless otherwise instructed.
All inquiries regarding abstracts for WFNMB 2018 should be emailed to the WFNMB Congress Organiser on [email protected].
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||8 September 2017|
|Abstract Submission deadline||17 November 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts||15 December 2017|
|Presenters registration deadline||19 January 2018|
- Only submissions submitted in English will be considered. Please ensure you thoroughly check your submission for spelling and grammatical errors as accepted abstracts will be printed as per your submission.
- Abstracts are to be no more than 300 words and are to be structured as detailed below.
- References, Title and authors details are not included in the word count.
- Abstracts should not contain bullet points. Please ensure any acronyms are spelt out in the first instance.
- Ensure that all author information (names, affiliations) is included and entered correctly.
- Presenters will be notified of acceptance in December 2017 and will need to confirm their attendance and registration before the close of the earlybird registration on 19 January 2018.
- Presenting authors are required to register for the conference. No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the earlybird registration deadline will not have their abstract included in the program.
- Submissions that do not meet the structure requirements will not be reviewed.
- No abstracts will be accepted for review after 17 November 2017.
The World Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine are dedicated to the promotion of evidence-based research and clinical observations. All abstracts are subject to peer review.
All research and case presentation abstracts must include the headings:
- Background / Aims
All human or animal experimental studies presented must have prior Ethics Approval from institutional authorities. This must be declared in the Methods.
All accepted abstracts will be distributed onsite and published in the World Journal of Nuclear Medicine as received.
- First Name(s)
- Last Name(s)
- Organisation / Affiliation
- Indication of presenting author
- Business Phone
- Presentation Format
(Poster only; unless differently advised)
- Theme (drop down list)
- Field for abstract text
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Declaration of conflicts of interest
- Human or Animal Ethics approval
Poster presentation only, unless otherwise advised.
Themes (Alphabetical Order)
- Molecular Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine Innovation
- Physics (including instrumentation & dosimetry)
- Radiochemistry / Radiopharmacy
- Radionuclide Therapy
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your abstract, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I declare that the abstract submitted is the original work of at least one author/presenter.
- If the abstract is accepted, I confirm that at least one abstract author will register with full intention of attending and presenting the paper at the Congress.
- No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the Congress by the deadline specified in the acceptance email will have their abstract removed from the proceedings and program.
- If my abstract is accepted, I hereby consent that the abstract will be distributed to all Congress attendees and published in the World Journal of Nuclear Medicine by the organising committee, unless otherwise instructed.
- I am aware that only abstracts from authors (or co-authors) who are at the Congress will be published.
- I am aware that if my abstract is selected for an oral presentation, I provide consent for my presentation to be video and audio recorded for content capture, and photos taken during my presentation/of my poster may be used and published by WFNMB.
- I declare that the work described in this abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules.
Printed poster size A1 portrait
Posters will rotate as scheduled. Please ensure your poster is positioned on the assigned panel at least 30 mins prior to your assigned poster session, and removed as instructed.
Posters for this meeting will MUST be printed, and the presenter is responsible for ensuring that the poster is displayed on the assigned poster board throughout the allocated Poster session. The Conference Manager will not be responsible to install any posters.
Poster Boards will be in portrait orientation. The dimensions of your poster MUST be no larger than A1 standard size of 594 mm (width) by 841 mm (height). If the poster is larger than these dimensions, it may not fit to the poster panel allocated and will not be displayed. Font sizes and the resolution of your images should be such that elements should be legible when printed to this size.
Poster Viewing: The presenting author should be in the vicinity of the poster during the allocated poster session. Please, check the final program for poster session details.
Presentation: Poster Presenters may be asked at the time of abstract acceptance to give a 5-minute presentation on the content of their poster in a highlight session. This will be moderated by the Chairperson of the highlight session.
Hand-outs: You are welcome to bring A4 hard copies of your poster as handouts during your poster session.
Title: The title of your poster should be identical to the title of the corresponding abstract.
Posters should show the names and affiliations of all contributing authors. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
Conflicts of Interest: All conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
Financial Support: Financial support received in regard of the work described should be acknowledged.
Ethical Approval: All human or animal experimental studies presented MUST have prior Ethics Approval from institutional authorities. This must be declared in the Methods.
Drug Names: Use generic drug names with the proprietary names in brackets e.g. xxx (yyy). Disclose the identity of experimental agents and/or technologies discussed.
Trademarks: Avoid the use of trademarks, advertisements or product company logos.